"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, October 18, 2020

**Risk of Putting off Considering God

           I knew a friend of my son who was related to a local well-known Italian family.  I was quite sure that he came from a Catholic family, so I tried to persuaded him to come back to the Church. I emailed him in 2011, 2012, and 2014, and didn't get any response from him. But through my daughter-in-law, I heard that he wasn't quite ready to consider God yet, as there were still many things to take care of first. I think it is very common that people keep putting off considering God, as they want to take care of their worldly business first. But, of course, there'll always be unfinished business to finish. The last I heart about this particular person was that he already had dementia, not recognizing everyone anymore. Maybe I can go see him and try to pray with him when my son visits him. The lesson: do not put off considering the Lord, unless you have already rejected him completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment