"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, September 3, 2020

***Fortunate Christians!

          Today is the Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord. What a glorious event! Jesus' face shone like the sun and his clothes became white as light, as reported in today's Gospel reading from Matthew 17. Christ no doubt is the Lord! I recall going to Mt. Tabor on my pilgrimage to the Holy Land many years ago. The road that lead to the top was quite rugged. At the top was the Church of the Transfiguration. A beautiful church, but I kinda wished that they had preserved the spot so that we could see exactly what the surroundings in which the Lord's Transfiguration took place were like. Nevertheless, one day soon I'll be seeing my Lord face to face. How fortunate we Christians are when we can be overwhelmed by the glory, sanctity, love, and mercy of our God at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment