"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, September 5, 2019

*God Has Changed Me

        Last night when my wife was shopping at a food store, I went into Dimple Records next door to take a look, as this local chain is closing all their stores after 45 years. The worldwide Tower Records, which also started out in this area, went out of business in 2006. As the music industry and people's listening and shopping habits change, local stores get crushed.
          I used to be "addicted" to collecting music CDs and was a loyal customer at Tower Records for many years. It's around 2010 that I finally stopped buying CDs. It was a hard decision I had to make so that I might continue to progress spiritually.  Cutting this attachment gave me freedom and peace. Inside Dimple, I saw some CDs I would have grabbed right away before, but I now do have the slightest desire to own them – the allure was gone. The Lord has changed me by setting me free. I can't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment