"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Are You Trustworthy or Not?

        In today's Gospel reading from Luke 16, the parable of the dishonest steward was read. Jesus said, "The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in great ones." People are either trustworthy or not trustworthy. It doesn't matter if you are a Christian or not. I had Christians who promised me to do something for me and never heard from them. I bet we all had friends or acquaintances who owed us money or borrowed a book from us and never mentioned it again. And they are lawyers and government officials who do not follow the laws themselves. One small incident I still remember. I was learning how to develop prints in a city photo lab many years ago. A staff member told all learners never to dip their hands in the developer. In the darkroom, I saw this very staff member doing exactly what he forbade us to do; he was rubbing the paper with his fingers in the solution, attempting to make the image appear sooner. If we want God to trust us, we must be trustworthy to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment