"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

*Surprise in Seeking Union with God

        I mentioned that a pair of metal French doors that open up to the outside deck area from the family room at my home just would not close. It must have been the hot weather that caused the door bottoms to scape the threshold. An installer I contacted weeks ago finally showed up this morning. I thought he would surely lower the threshold somehow or grind the door bottoms. To my amazement, he sized up the situation and decided to shim up the door frames at the top, forcing the rectangular frame to be out of square, just enough to clear the door of the threshold at the bottom. It was a surprising solution that worked perfectly. Again, my thought turned to seeking union with God. There is no surprising approach here. Submitting yourself directly to God is the only way. The surprise comes from how God can truly fulfill your desire and make your life exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment