"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Taking God Seriously

        Some of my regular readers must already know that I like piano music from reading my posts. I still attempt to play the piano, but with my weaker memory and bent finger joints, it has become quite a challenge (struggle). Anyway, I think of how a professional pianist would intensely prepare himself before going on stage to be sure that the audience will be moved by his performance. The pianist must practice hard to learn the music thoroughly beforehand and focus upon expressing himself and overcoming stage fear at the same time whiling performing. Then I think of how we approach God. Do we take it seriously? Do we have enough faith in the Lord? Do we pour out our hearts with the intention of moving his? Surely, pleasing God is a lot more important than pleasing an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment