"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 20, 2018

**Out of Your Mind for Christ

        Today's Gospel at Mass consisted of just two verses from Mark: Jesus came with his disciples into the house. Again the crowd gathered, making it impossible for them even to eat. When his relatives heard of this they set out to seize him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." I can understand that because one time when I showed my great enthusiasm in Christ, one of my relatives also thought that I was out of my mind (although he didn't seize me). I suppose that if you seem to have gone overboard for something others do not understand, you look abnormal or odd to them. At one time I did visit a nearby prison regularly to assist a deacon in his prison ministry and a nonChristian friend of mine just couldn't understand why I should spend my time doing that. Decades back, when I first read about Mother Teresa who had gone to India to devote her life to serving the dying and the poor, I almost thought that she was out of her mind. Well, know Jesus and you'll understand everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment