"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, January 29, 2018

**Gateway to Freedom*

        I know that when Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me," we can find it hard to accept. When I first heard it, I asked myself: Does that mean that I cannot do what I want to do anymore? and that I would be burdened down and perhaps even head toward martyrdom? Of course, I overreacted as a sinful human. Now that I know the Lord well, I can say that all the fear and concern were unnecessary. He has made everything easy and a joy, and made me see that this is precisely the way to spiritual freedom, leading to eternal life. Truth: Christ is the gateway to eternal freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment