"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Why Union With God

        Union is what God desires the most from us, for he loves us so much. When we attain union with God, we come to understand his ways and thoughts. Nothing can make us feel more secure and consoling than knowing that we now belong to him. And it's in intimate union with God that we become totally free. What Jesus said in today's Gospel reading from John 10 at morning Mass describes the beautiful state of belonging to God: "My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one." 

No comments:

Post a Comment