"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, May 8, 2017

**Joy of the Holy Spirit

        The spiritual joy one receives from the Holy Spirit is unlike any of the joys that the world gives. In fact, I would consider the latter to be only temporary happy feelings, for they do not touch the soul, while the joy of the Holy Spirit can be overwhelming in transforming it. In my charismatic renewal days 4 decades ago, all who prayed to be baptized in the Holy Spirit experienced amazing spiritual renewal and joy – we were on cloud 9! To repeat my own experiences, all unexpected, I received the gift of tears (pure joy), the yearning to know Christ which made the Gospels come alive, the urge to pray constantly, and an exuberant bubbling feeling throughout my upper body that lasted nonstop for several months. Overall, the spiritual progress was rapid as the Holy Spirit took over and made it easy. Finally, ever though I did not see the Holy Spirit, I knew (and know now) that he is God and he is real. Praise be to him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment