"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, May 13, 2017

**How to Know God Direct

        In today's Gospel reading from John 14, Jesus said to his disciples at the Last Supper, "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him. Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. I am in the Father and the Father is in me. The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me." These are startling statements. Since I know Jesus and am in him, I now also know the Father and am in him. Know Jesus and you know God – there is absolutely no need to know God via another human being, especially if he or she claims to be a prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment