"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's My Ego!

        I've said in the past that I don't think of myself as either a liberal or a conservative ~ I only care about if I am following Jesus or not. (Actually, Jesus was quite a radical in his time.) I must admit that before I knew Jesus, I was quite liberal in my views. I never seriously considered if abortion is right or wrong ~ the right for a woman to do whatever she wants with her body sounded fine to me. Divorce was OK too ~ if one can't get along with his or her spouse, why not try again with someone else? Reflecting back, I see that it was my own ego that lead me to form my "naive" views ~ I wanted to "liberate" everyone! Was I willing to carry any cross myself? No! It was after knowing God personally that I began to see how my ego had blinded me from knowing God and from ever considering seriously if my choice was right or wrong ~ definitely not good old days for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment