"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In God We Forget

      Today is the Memorial of Saint Pius X, Pope. The Gospel parable came from Matthew 20. Jesus told the disciples that the Kingdom of God is like a landowner who hired laborers for his vineyard all day long. Some started working early in the morning, some later in the morning, some at noon, some after noon, and some in the last hour. In the evening, all received the same pay. Naturally, the ones hired earlier grumbled and one of them questioned the landowner. And he replied, "My friend, I am not cheating you. Did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage? Take what is yours and go. What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Or am I not free to do as I wish with my money? Are you envious because I am generous?"
          The lesson here is that I must not compare myself with others nor let anything about others bother me. I am to be happy with all what the Lord has given me ~ I already have him who awaits me in heaven! Yes, in God, I can forget everything else.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What's hard for us God is ready to accomplish ~ this is what a loving Father is for. Give him your permission and let the transformation begin. As you follow him, the journey become increasingly beautiful.

      Delete