"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Approaching God the Right Way

        To find God, we must be humble first and remain open. If we expect God to speak or reveal himself to us before we would believe in him, we may have a long wait ahead of us. By an act of will or faith, we must submit ourselves to him first. It was by an act of will that I first accepted Jesus into my life. It's by an act of will that I confess my sins and ask for his forgiveness. It's by an act of will that I asked the Holy Spirit to baptize me. It's by an act of will that I surrendered myself to God. In each case, the Lord makes or made himself known after my move. Don't forget that God is so much greater than us. Let us beg from him, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment