"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Can't Do God's Will on Our Own

       In John.15 Jesus says: "I am the vine, you are the branches. ... without me you can do nothing." In John 5.19, Jesus says to the Jews, "Amen, amen, I say to you, a son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees his father doing; for what he does, his son will do also." Again, in John 5.32, he says, "I cannot do anything on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me." I looked up these quotes after the Lord made me see that I cannot do his will without him doing it through me! I must first clearly know what his will is, otherwise he will not be with me in my doing. It was a big realization and I was uplifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment