"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

God's Ultimate Assurance

        In today's Gospel reading from John 10 at Mass, Jesus told the Jews about the sheep (us) who follow him, "My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one." This reaffirms all that I believe. We are assured of eternal life. We are assured of safety in God's hand. How loving the Lord is! What a loving Father! Once you are one with Jesus, you are one with him forever! It's impossible to ask for more than what you get here, the absolute ultimate one could ever desire.
        (Note. The very opposite to being held securely in the Father's hand is being lost with no faith, direction, or certainty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment