"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, April 7, 2012

God Calling Us by Name

        It's Holy Saturday. I had some time and watched The Redeemer, a film I prerecorded on EWTN earlier. It's an old production filmed in Spain. Throughout the film, you only see the back of Jesus. I didn't care for the voice of Jesus used ~ it was too husky and sounded Hollywoodish. Nevertheless, the film does have some poignant moments. I was moved watching Peter's face right after he denied Christ for the third time and the cock crowed. I shed the most tears when Jesus cried out aloud on the cross "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit" just before he breathed his last. Then Thomas didn't believe that Jesus had risen and the Lord showed up and called Thomas to him to check out his wounds. That's when I knew that the Lord calls us too ~ how good it is to hear him calling us by name!   

No comments:

Post a Comment