"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Purgatory Makes Sense

        On my recent trip away from home, I saw and met so many people who basically are good people, but they do not know the Lord and pretty much live for the material world.  If I were in their place, I probably wouldn't have fared better.  If they don't get to heaven, then probably most of the world's population won't get there either.  I do personally believe that God's mercy is so great that only those who deliberately reject him will not make it.  Hence, the existence of purgatory makes perfect sense.  
        Do understand that I am merely stating a personal belief, not seeking to argue with anyone who might hold a different view.
             

1 comment:

  1. I always tell my protestant brothers and sisters that purgatory is like what happens when you have been out working in the fields getting muddy and you hear that your beloved is coming. So you take a very hot shower and scrub away the dirt, and change your clothes, and freshing up. Your efforts to clean yourself involve suffering, but it is for your beloved.

    ReplyDelete