"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Focus on God Alone

        Today is the Memorial of St. John of the Cross.  The Gospel reading from Matthew 21 shows that it's important to believe in the right person (John the Baptist in this case).  My own experiences have taught me to focus on Jesus alone and nothing else.  
        Once I saw a miracle, which made me believe that an event I witnessed earlier genuinely came from God.  With this belief, I was able to bring about a miraculous healing by using an object I obtained at the event.  Later, that event proved to be a hoax.  And I asked God what really happened ~ I was confused.  
        The lesson I've learned is that God wants us to put our faith in him alone and not in any seemingly miraculous events happening around us.  We must never let any miracles we witness draw our attention away from God.  As long as our faith is placed in God alone, miracles can happen with anything we use, whether genuine or false.  So I am now leaving all those happenings not yet approved officially by the Church alone for they can easily detract us from focusing on God.  I leave all miracles to God too ~ they are not for me to interpret or get curious about.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment