"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No Other God

        Today's first Mass reading from Isaiah 45 starts out: "I am the LORD, there is no other..."
        Recently, I recited the Apostles' Creed as if it was my very first time and I was amazed by the extraordinary things stated, especially those about Jesus Christ.  Reading about him in the Gospels, I see that he just came to us, meek and humble, loving others as himself to the very end of his earthly life.  It's as if he just followed a prescribed plan, not seeking for one moment his own glory.  Indeed, there is no other like him.
        Another thing I see.  In believing in him, we can become nothing and then be filled with all of God ~  a thorough spiritual transformation of the self.  I don't see this in any other faith in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment