"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Lord Really Meant It!!!

        During Eucharistic Prayer at this morning's Mass, father, consecrating the bread, said the usual words of Jesus, "Take this, all of you, and eat it: this is my body which will be given up for you."  Then, to consecrate the wine, again using Jesus' words, he said "Take this, all of you, and drink from it: this is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you..." ~ at this precise point, it hit me hard that the Lord really meant it, as he did go right on to shed his blood.  Then when he said "I am the way, and the truth, and the life," he must really mean it too.  It follows that the Lord has been truthful in all his sayings.  This greatly increased my admiration and love for him.  Thank you, Jesus.   

No comments:

Post a Comment