"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Appearing "Right" Before the Lord

        Today during prayer before morning Mass, the Lord made me see the importance of appearing "right" before him ~ "right" in the sense of being appropriate and presentable. 
        The Gospel reading is Parable of the Sower from Luke 8.  So I saw that to be right, I must first of all keep and cherish the word of God after I hear it.  I must be in a state of grace, at peace with myself, and content in this world.  Again, the key to achieving such a state is to let go in God, to trust and relax in his love, in contrast to forging ahead headstrong on our own without getting a nod from the Lord first or even looking in his direction.  We must always follow the Lord to let him do his work through us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment