"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, September 6, 2026

**Do Not Omit the Sin of Omission**

         In today's First Reading from Ezekiel 33, the LORD says to the prophet: "You, son of man, I have appointed watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn them for me. If I tell the wicked, 'O wicked one, you shall surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death." The LORD is speaking of the sin of omission here. This means not doing something good or required that we are able to do. We often don't recognize this sin. Just remember that any time we see someone in danger of losing their soul, we must try to save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment