"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

***How Christians Know the Truth***

        In today's Gospel reading from John 16, Jesus told his disciples that when the Spirit of truth comes, he would guide them to all truth. Now, I know that everything Jesus has said about himself and other things are all true, for he is the truth. How can I be so sure? My answer is that when the Lord (the Spirit) lets you know something, you just know that it's true, for he cannot lie and has the power to make you see the truth. This probably won't convince many unbelievers, but I can't prove it in any way besides my testimony. So with Christ, you either believe in him or you don't. Faith cannot be explained; it's a wonderful gift from God. And it really makes you love and appreciate the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment