"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

*****PURITY AWARENESS*****

         The God of Christ is absolutely holy and pure. Once you belong to or have attained union with him, you become aware of the slightest impurity and develop a strong aversion to all impurities. I know what I am going to say will not resonate with those who have already been snared by the world, but speak out I must. Recently, I saw some videos attacking Taylor Swift. I didn't know much about her at all. I learned that she claimed that she's a Christian, yet some of the things she'd done contradicted her claim and were even seemingly satanic. I sense the impurity when I just look at her appearance and how she dresses herself. I'd like to mention that I used to enjoy listening to jazz singing, for the music could be quite beautiful. But now after knowing the Lord, I sense its impurity and listening to it actually weighs me down. Even great rarefied abstract classical music has lost its appeal. It's pure, but pales next to God's purity. I am totally with Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel's view expressed in this recent video below. Following Christ is the only right path for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment