"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, April 22, 2024

***A Most Painful Dream***

          Before I tell you about the dream, I need to provide some background information. I have been a photographer all my life. I basically transfigure ordinary subjects to make them look extraordinary. The images truly reflect me. I might have mentioned the rest of this story sometime ago on this blog already. Anyway, more than 30 years ago, I was traveling in Europe photographing. After about two weeks, I was ready to come home. Then shockingly, all my cameras and shot films got stolen at the railroad station in Zurich, Switzerland. I felt as if my right arm had been severed, as all the images were most personal to me. The pain was so great that I couldn't function for a couple of days. I even thought I'd quit photography. The dream came to me at about 3 a.m. this morning. It was still all dark outside. In it, I felt that old pain again, even worse, for it's like all my photographs are now gone! I actually cried out to the Lord. After almost 40 years, how could that pain still come to haunt me? I asked the Lord about it, and I sensed that he's just giving me a small taste of the pain of losing him which would be so much more intense and worse. I got the point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment