"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, February 19, 2024

**All Accidents Have a Purpose

         Christians believe that there are no accidents. Every unexpected happening the Lord sends you way has a purpose. This morning I got up and was ready to go to Mass as usual. Right after I started driving the car, I heard a knocking noise coming from the right rear wheel and I knew that something was wrong. I was sure that I was going to miss Mass and my gym workout afterwards. I checked the tire and found that a nail or something with an extra big round head had punctured the tire. But the tire wasn't flat at all. Later I learned that the car had run-flat tires on it. That means you can still continue driving (up to 50 mph) after a puncture so you can get to a repair shop. That explains why the car didn't come equipped with a spare. Anyway, why did the Lord allow this event to happen? Well, a few days ago, my first son and I had a big misunderstanding between us and we have been cool to each other. Today he felt obligated to come over to help both me and my wife (the car is basically hers), as the two of us are no longer physically fit to deal with this kind of problem easily. So I believe the Lord allowed this to happen in order to restore peace in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment