"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, December 25, 2023

***What God Desires the Most from Us***

        I thought I caught a cold two days ago Saturday. I coughed a little bit and had a stuffy nose. So I chose not to go to Sunday Mass. Today Christmas Day I also stayed home, tested myself for COVID and the result was positive. That was unexpected. A year ago, when I first had COVID, I had a fever and the cough was unbearable. Maybe because of that, I am not feeling so badly this time around. So I am going to stay isolated thru the rest of this year. As I rested in bed yesterday, I turned on the clock radio on the nightstand. It was the local PBS music station broadcasting classical Christmas carols, both old and new. They were beautifully composed and performed by accomplished musicians. I don't know if such music actually draws any listener closer to Christ. Only the Lord knows. At around 6 p.m. The music switched over to popular jazz Christmas carols. They were more light-hearted and easy to listen to, but pretty much secular in most cases when Christ wasn't even hinted at. Surely, these songs are not going to convert any hearts. All this leads me the see that writing music to celebrate Christmas may be a good thing, but the best way to glorify the Lord is what he desires from us the most—it is that we obey him in all things. This is also how we earn the most merit from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment