"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, December 16, 2023

***Necessity of Finding Solitude***

        The Lord speaks to us unceasingly, but his voice is gentle. If you are always busy with things of the world, you are not likely to hear him. Hence we need to find solitude from time to time, setting time aside whenever we can. I am blessed because, being a retiree, I have the time to attend Mass daily. I remain in church after Mass and there I get my solitude. Having just received the Lord, it's the perfect time for me to commune with him. Once you attain union with the Lord, solitude matters much less, for you are now aware of his holy presence at all times. I pretty much receive all the thoughts for blogging during Mass, and I scribble them down on the cards I carry in my shirt pocket. Once in a while, I have trouble deciphering my own writing, but that's rare. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment