"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

***On Suffering***

        Yesterday after I got up from bed, I found it difficult to stand on my right foot alone because the knee hurt. I know that something like that can change your whole way of life. I managed to go to morning Mass, but had to walk slowly and carefully. I skipped going to the gym afterwards. Right now I'd better stay home and rest. Of course, I am going to find out what the cause is.
        My first thoughts this morning are on suffering. The Lord allows us to suffer from time to time to make us stronger and draw us closer to him. As followers we must be willing to accept whatever he sends our way. Of course, we can still pray for alleviation or total healing, but if that doesn't happen, we must not complain. To be willing to suffer doesn't mean you deliberately ask the Lord to make you suffer either; it only means that you are open to whatever he sends you. One thing you can be sure—he'll never send you anything you cannot bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment