"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, June 22, 2023

**To Move or Not to Move*

        My wife and I have been wondering if we should also leave California, as many other residents have already left for Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, and other states. This wouldn't be so difficult if I were single and much younger. I still remember the days I could easily pack all my belongings into one old car and take off. In fact, that was how I came to California. I parked my car overnight in a garage in Los Angeles and someone broke into it and took all my clothing. And I was left only with my books. Today as I look around my house, I see so many possessions, some really big. To move to a different state would mean disposing of many old things, changing info on many accounts, notifying a lot of people, finding a new home, acquiring new things to start all over again, etc. It's going to be a hassle. What I have is like a big "mess" accumulated after having lived so long. In theory, I can just get rid of everything and leave, but in practice it's not that simple. I must seek and follow God's will always, remembering that I am merely passing thru this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment