"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, June 19, 2023

***Need to Remain Calm and Collected

      Yesterday the Lord let me know that I need to remain calm no matter what people say or think about me. This is particularly difficult in a family situation in which you know everyone well. At morning Mass today, I heard in Matthew 5 what Jesus said to his disciples: ". . . offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on your right cheek, turn the other one to him as well. If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic, hand him your cloak as well. Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles." Then Fr. Steven in his homily talked about shutting the doors to the demons of anger and violence. All I heard confirmed what the Lord wanted me to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment