"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, August 1, 2022

***"First" Obedience***

        At Mass this morning, during the liturgy of the Eucharist, Fr. Steve recalled the words of Jesus at the Last Supper before he gave the bread and the cup to his disciples. They are respectively "Take this, all of you, and eat of it: for this is my body which will be given up for you" and "Take this, all of you, and drink from it: for this is the chalice of my blood, the blood of the new and eternal covenant, which will be poured out for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins. Do this in memory of me." It struck me that I was to eat his body and drink his blood out of obedience. The Lord made me see that this obedience will lead me to obedience in all things! I was most grateful for this revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment