"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 21, 2021

****Learning Directly from the Lord

        I have posted in the past that when you open yourself up to the Lord completely, he lets you know exactly who he is. No proof is needed; the knowledge is deposited right in your heart! It's a personal thing, for the Lord alone makes that possible—proof to me that he is real. In John 1, when John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him, he said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of he world. He is the one of whom I said, 'A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.' Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God." How did John know all this? It's the Lord who revealed it to him. In Matthew 16, when Jesus asked his disciples, "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in replay, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father." Again, the Lord had let him know that. Of course, all the greats saints knew God intimately. Here is sufficient evidence for you to believe in the Lord, if he has not revealed himself to you in person yet. The best way to know who he is is still to open yourself up to him to learn it firsthand from him. When you know him without a doubt, you are in union with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment