"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 2, 2021

**Belief in Christ

        In today's reading 1 from 1 John 2. the Apostle wrote, "Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Whoever denies the Father and the Son, this is the antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well." John and the other Apostles, not counting Judas Iscariot, followed Jesus for three years, watched all the great miracles and deeds he performed, and saw him risen from the dead and ascend into heaven. Since John and the other Apostles had become totally convinced that Christ is the Son of God and is one with the Father, I can totally believe in him as they did. I don't need to see him in person now. Also, my personal experience with the Lord alone is good enough for me to believe in him with all my heart and with all my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment