"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, November 9, 2020

***The Sacrament of Confession

        One sign that tells how conscientious Catholics are is how often they go to confession. In generaI, I do not see the majority of catholics taking this sacrament seriously enough. Keeping the soul clean and pure is important—that is why the Son of God came to us to die for us in the first place. It is God's primary intent to save all of us for all eternity, so we must also do our best to save as many souls as possible, including our own, of course. I think Catholics shy away from confession for these reasons: (1) They do not realize how important this sacrament is to the soul. (2) Their conscience is dull to the point that they don't feel that that are really that sinful. (3) They know if they go to confession, they'll find it very difficult to honestly repent some of their sins, so they just stay away. This is serious. (4) They cannot change their sinful ways and wish to remain so. This is very serious. Being human, we are weak without God. If I sin in a certain way and find it impossible to change on my own, and say to God "Sorry, I just can't change," this would be a serious sin in itself. The correct approach is to admit my weakness and say to God "I cannot change on my own, but I must listen to you, so help me." This is the key to being saved! Without the humility to submit yourself to God, you won't be able to enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment