"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, July 31, 2020

**Greatest Short Prayer

        When the Risen Lord first appeared to the disciples, Thomas was not there. When they told him that they had seen the Lord, Thomas said, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand unto his side, I will not believe." Then a week later Jesus came again and Thomas was there. He said to him, "Put you finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" To me this is the greatest short prayer of all. Thomas finally realized the truth. To say these words to Jesus from the heart is to surrender yourself to him completely. Calling Jesus Lord is not to be done lightly. In Matthew 7.21, Jesus said : "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." God is the only Lord we should have. Calling him Lord but not doing his will is being a hypocrite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment