"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, March 2, 2019

*Breakthrough in Accepting Truth

        In today's Gospel reading from Mark 10, Jesus blessed the children and said to his disciples, "The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the Kingdom of God like a child will not enter it." I heard all this before, but today it came to me like a revelation, or perhaps more appropriately, a re-revelation. Naturally, I wouldn't be so naive as to accept everyone I come into contact in the world like a child, but if you are dealing with truth, you should and must believe like a child. And Christ is the only absolute truth out there! So I see accepting and believing in him wholeheartedly as a breakthrough! When you embrace truth like that, it itself is something very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment