"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, March 3, 2018

***Most Loving Father

        Today we heard from Luke 15 the parable of the lost son read at Mass. This to me is the most beautiful and moving parable of Jesus. To know how much God the Father loves us, read this parable. The father in the parable expresses his true feeling when he says to the older son, who has always served him faithfully but is now angry that his lost brother is being treated better than he ever has been, "My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice, because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found." We were all dead and lost once, and may still be. My joy is that we have such a loving and forgiving Father that we can come to life and be home anytime we wish to return to him – he is always there waiting for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment