"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Care, yet Not Care

       There are many burdens in life. I am specifically thinking about some people who do not turn to God when the time for them to do so is urgent and now. I care about them, yet I shouldn't. This is what I mean. We care about others who affect the Lord and us. Yet there is only so much we can do. In fact, if we "care too much," we forget our goal of serving God and risk turning others off. Therefore, always remember that God is in control. Do the best you can and not be concerned about how things turn out as if you don't really care. This is trusting in God at its best.
         This morning's Gospel reading at Mass from John 14 echoed my feeling when I heard Jesus say to his disciples, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment