"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Spiritual Progress

        It must be 60 years ago when I first read about the Albanian nun who went to India to devote herself to serving the sick and poor, the dying and the destitute. And that was, of course, Mother Teresa. I was impressed but wondered why anyone would want to do something like that ~ I really did not know God then yet. Later, even after I became a Catholic, I picked up Thomas Kempis' book The Imitation of Christ and found the writing beautiful but way beyond me, too extreme. I was still too much of the world. Of course, I am happy now that I understand how God can call someone and make him or her do the seemingly impossible or inspire someone to the extreme. In those early days, it was I who was not completely with God and got left behind. We are really supposed to be with God at all times for him to make all things possible.     

No comments:

Post a Comment