"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Live and Trust

        I finally got back home yesterday and plan to resume attending daily Mass tomorrow. As I mentioned earlier, I suffered a cold the last 8 or so of the 11 days I was away. As a result, I pretty much spent all my sick days in my room in order not to give the cold to anyone else in the apartment. My laptop kept me company and made it possible for me to continue blogging. I did plan on meeting an old friend whose health was failing and we both believed that it might be our last chance to see each other. Since I got sick, we ended up just talking over the phone. This trip took me from the West Coast to the East. Long flights are always tiring with waitings at the airports and being cooped up in a tight seat for long hours, especially if you also have to catch a flight or arrive at some ungodly hour (coming home, I had to leave for the airport at 4:30 am.) Winter traveling also increases the chances of catching the flu, cold, or a virus. My wife and I went on the trip for family reasons. I wasn't sure I should go and prayed about it. Then some friend called us out of the blue and advised that we go. So we did. Looking back, it doesn't seem that I had accomplished much, but this really shouldn't be my concern. God always lead us on and good will come out of it somehow. What we go through is all part of the journey. "Live to trust and trust to live" makes a good motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment