"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Evolution of Faith

        I recall how my faith in God evolved since the early days. In the beginning when I searched for God, I had fleeting moments in which I sensed his existence. Later after I came to believe that Christ is Lord and Savior, I still needed to remind myself from time to time that I did have faith in him. Gradually, the faith grew more secure. When the Holy Spirit took over during my involvement in the charismatic renewal movement, my faith was greatly strengthened by the grace of God ~ it's all his doing. I can see that if I had let go in God a lot sooner, my spiritual growth would have progressed a lot faster. We notice faith only when doubts exist. After I sought union with God, faith became such a natural part of me that I no longer noticed its presence ~ again, it's all God's doing. Now I read about skeptics who do not even believe that Christ ever existed, I can only smile because they do not experience God's doing and will never be able to understand how I feel. What a joy to enjoy God with faith totally out of the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment