"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, January 17, 2014

Doorway to Happiness

         Yesterday I thought I was well enough to attend morning Mass, but I started coughing again. Today I made it on the Memorial of St. Anthony. The Gospel reading from Mark 2 was about the paralytic being let down by his four friends through the roof they had opened up to get near Jesus. The Lord saw his faith, forgave his sins and healed him.
       Before Mass began, the Lord made me see that if we are not willing to accept suffering in this life, we can never be happy. Jesus has suffered so much for our sake, how can we refuse any suffering and still follow him? Being willing to suffer is the doorway to happiness. If suffering in this life is welcome, imagine how great our happiness will be in heaven! 

No comments:

Post a Comment