"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Test for Our Love for God

        I've been home sick since last Sunday. It's one of those bugs quite a number of us around here has been catching from the cold weather. I just looked at the readings for today's Mass on www.usccb.org/bible/. In Reading 1 from 1 John 4, the Apostle wrote: If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. Therefore, if I still hold a grudge again someone, I can't claim that I love God yet. I could only say that I intend to love God, but I fall short of truly loving him. How much we love our brothers and sisters tests how much we love God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment