"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Praying Inward

        I have finished reading The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur and started on He and I by Gabrielle Bossis (1874-1950), also French. Their life spans overlapped 1874-1914. While Leseur wrote her own thoughts in the diary, Bossis recorded her interior conversations with Jesus in her journal. What Jesus said to Gabrielle was remarkably succinct and to the point and that suits me fine. One day when she was talking to the tabernacle on the altar in church, Jesus reminded her that he was in her heart. This morning I pray to God dwelling in my heart after Mass and experienced greater intimacy.  

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur . Maybe it will help me see what true faith is about even if i'm unlikely to ever marry.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete