"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, April 19, 2013

What Conversion Is About

        This morning's first reading came from Acts 9. Saul (Paul) was breathing murderous threats against the disciples of Christ and wanted to arrest and imprison anyone he might find living according to the new way. Then Jesus called him and he began proclaiming that Jesus is the Son of God. Left to myself, I used to think that divorce is OK, abortion permissible, getting ahead of others by any aggressive means just fine, and so forth. After I got to know God, all my views changed because I realized that I had been wrong. This is what conversion is about ~ it's giving up our own ways and adopting God's ways. The world has lost its way precisely because it has been following its own ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment