"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, December 24, 2012

Feeling Good About Jesus

        It's Christmas Eve and I see Jesus as my lifeline. I have caught this line and am saved for all eternity as long as I don't let go of it. Rather than having to hold onto him for life, I feel more as if he is holding me securely in his own hands. Knowing that God loves us is exactly the missing link for completing our lives. Normally, we feel good when we meet someone who happens to like us. I still remember the time when I was working in an organization, one colleague in the same department told me in private that he wished that I could be his department head, as the head at the time wasn't making everyone happy. I was flattered, but nevertheless, felt good. Then I met another person on a pilgrimage many years ago who loved to share his spiritual thoughts with me as if I was his confidant ~ I felt good too. Now, it's the Lord God himself letting me know how much he loves me ~ that has to be the best possible news that can make me feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment