"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

All Is Relative (God Is the Ultimate)

        Way back for many years I watched TV on a black-and-white set.  Then I finally switched to a colored set and I must admit that the viewing experience became more satisfying.  In high school, it's easy to think that we have learned a lot until we find out more in college.  In fact, I thought I was pretty good in mathematics until a 14-year-old in the same university honor class scored twice as high as the best of the rest on every single test. 
        People are flocking to see a current Picasso exhibit at a museum not too far away.  Some friends wonder why I, being artistic in nature, have no desire to go see it.  All I can say is that all is relative.  Once you have tasted the Lord, everything else just loses its flavor.  Relative to God, everything is "inferior" now.  You have tasted the best and the best has made you see things right.  The truth is that there's nothing true satisfying beyond God.

No comments:

Post a Comment