"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, July 3, 2023

****Jesus Knows Everything About Us

        Today is the Feast of Saint Thomas, Apostle. This is how the Gospel reading from John 20 started: Thomas, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, "We have seen the Lord." But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." A week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Jesus wasn't there the first time, but he knew exactly what Thomas had said. The Lord knows every thought we think, every word we utter, and every deed we perform. You unbelievers better wake up and watch out. To those who already believe, it's a great consolation that the Lord knows all about and watches over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment